Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Brain Development Presentation

The presentation on brain development was very informational. It was interesting to learn the different developmental stages because I did not know that your brain developed for a while then stopped, then develops more later. I always thought our brains were continuously developing. This presentation also makes me never want to go near alcohol in my entire life. It was really scary seeing what alcohol can do to your brain development. I knew the effects of alcohol when you are pregnant, so that was not surprising. It was just astonishing what alcohol can do to your brain. I also thought it was very interesting to hear the facts about men and women reaching maturity. 30% of women mature by the age of 23 and 30% of men mature by the age of 30. This explains why people always say that women mature so much faster than men. I never thought that was actually true, so it was interesting to learn about. Overall, this presentation was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment