Monday, March 30, 2009

Culture and Education in Vietnam- guest speaker

I thought it was very interesting to hear learn about the culture and education in Vietnam. I thought the most intriguing part of the whole presentation was the part about taking an entrance exam to get into a university in Vietnam. I did not know that it was so competitive there. This strategy does not give many people an opportunity to become educated and strive for a better life. I am not a good test taker, especially when it comes to standardized tests, so I know it would be hard for me to score a 28-30 on that entrance exam. It just seems that people who are very intelligent, but poor test takers may be overlooked. I think to require an entrance exam is an appropriate requirement, but I do not think it is fair to require such high scores on the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment